Legal documents

The legal authority to act on a loved one's behalf is needed when the individual is temporarily or permanently unable to make their own decisions. At Grosse Pointe Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, we understand that this an extra responsibility for you. We recommend you consult with a trusted legal professional. Start with your loved one's attorney to collect existing legal documents, and consult with your family attorney or  an elder law specialist to write any new legal documents. These documents typically include the following:

  • Power of attorney for property
  • Estate planning (will and trust)
  • Guardianship
  • Medical care power of attorney (See also Case Folder page)